Saturday, December 4, 2010

UNWRAPPED LOVE

BLACK BUZZ NEWS SERVICE
The Mrs. Beatrice Saunders Robinson Project
The Ronald B. Saunders Project
From The Saunders Family Archives
Slippery Rock, PA
December 4, 2010

The following powerful captivating poem titled UNWRAPPED LOVE was written by the beautiful Renee Marie Parker who was a first year student in my Mother's Genesis Class at the famous Harty Bible School's Northside campus.

UNWRAPPED LOVE

There were many times, that I sat back an wished
If sent, someone special, would be like unwrapping a gift

A gift that God sent from above
A gift when opened it expressed true love

But, if that gift was granted, I could only return
My love for this person, and take time to learn

That God has granted me with someone true
How God has chosen one of his few

As I knew this day, when this package did arrive
I knew it was real, our hearts could not lie

Understanding, trust, how special, how kind
Of someone not seen from men of this time

We laughed, talked and expressed our feelings
At last our hearts expressed true healing

The gift it came unwrapped and discovered
The gift we returned to each. TRUE LOVERS

Written by Renee Marie Parker

COPYRIGHT 1996

No comments: